Raven Tahara is a graphic facilitator whose practice includes 3 main facets:
1. Facilitation – Using ToP® Facilitation Methods to guide groups and teams through proven processes for creating new ideas, systems, and making actionable plans to execute them. She is trained in Focused Conversation, the Consensus Workshop, Action Planning, and Strategic Planning. The ideal client for these services are teams who want to get all the best ideas on the table and create workable plans to achieve them.
2. Graphic Facilitation/Graphic Recording – I make the distinction between Graphic Facilitation and Graphic Recording by the amount of involvement I have in shaping the conversation and the content in the meeting.
I consider it Graphic Facilitation when I utilize my facilitation methods, collaborate with you in the meeting design, and then utilize my visual skills to make the meeting more participatory and memorable. The ideal client for this process would be a small team brainstorming session, a retreat to discuss vision or do team-building, or a break-out session at a conference.
I consider it Graphic Recording when I attend a meeting with a designated facilitator, a keynote speaker, or a panel and I am capturing visual notes of the presentation (aka Sketchnoting). In this form of the work, I have very little input in the content of the meeting and limited engagement with meeting participants. The ideal client for this service is a meeting planner looking to capture a keynote talk or panel discussion to enhance recall of the material and create greater multi-sensory experience for participants.
Both of these services are done LIVE.
3. Illustration – A cartoonist since a very young age, I am sometimes sought out to illustrate an idea or abstract concept with a visual that explains what words cannot. I work with the client to create an image or images that are unique for their situation and go way beyond any clip-art you might find.
Background and Qualifications
- 25 Years of Experience as a self-employed graphic designer, specializing in branding
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Marketing concentration
- Began graphic recording for clients in 2008
- Trained in ToP® facilitation methods